Each of our candles are created to provide you with hours of fragrant bliss! To keep them looking and working their best (and safest), follow the below steps to enjoy a purer scent experience and maintain their high quality for longer. Candles from different collections burn for a different length of time depending on their size, scent and how they’re cared for. You can find an approximate burning time for each candle on each different collection page.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CANDLES
1. Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts or fans to ensure steady burning.
2. Always burn candles out of reach of children and pets and never leave burning candles unattended.
3. Burn 100g candles for no more than 3 hours at a time and 200g candles for no longer than 4 hours at a time. Burning for longer periods (over four hours) can cause the wick to move, or slant.
4. To prevent heat damage to the surface the candle is placed on, make sure you stop burning your candle when 15mm of wax remains at the bottom. Keep an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
CARING FOR CANDLE WICKS
1. Keep your candle clean and free from wick trimmings, matches or dust. Debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
2. After extinguishing the flame always centre and straighten the wick.
3. Long or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking, or sooting. Trimming the wick to 6mm (once the wax has set) is the easiest way to prevent this. You can trim your wick with a pair of large nail clippers.
4. Candles can get hot, particularly when they burn down to 2-3cm. We recommend you burn your candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface and away from any flammable materials.
1. When your candle isn't in use, store it in a cool dry place and cover it to protect it from dust. Dust can dull the scent and cause issues during burning.
2. Use your candle in a reasonable time to make the most of it's beautiful fragrance. Generally, it is recommended that you use soy candles within a year, once you open them from their original packaging.
3. Keep your candle away from direct sunlight.
4. Handle candles with care, especially glass candles.
WE ARE CLP COMPLIANT
Each candle has an appropriate Safety Data Sheet and is compliant with UK/EU laws and regulations.
Within our CLP labels, our candles also include candle safety contents, are compliant with European Standards, particularly BS EN 15494:2007 “Product Safety Labels” which specifies the format and content of product warning labels for indoor candles.